The Office was named “Tax Office of Finance Division, Taitung County Government”, which was a unit under Taitung County Government. In September 1947, the Office was restructured under orders and renamed “Revenue Service Office, Taitung County” and the chief of the Finance Division of the county government concurrently served as the Chief Director-General of the Revenue Service Office. From 1962, the Chief Director-General of Revenue Service Office was appointed by the Taiwan Provincial Government. The national tax and local tax were separated in 1992. After the collection of business tax was transferred to National Tax Administration in 2003, the Office has been engaging in imposing local taxes and arranging administrative tasks. Because of the implementation of the municipal system and the reinvention of the government organization, the positions of the Office were cut down correspondingly.